Standards and Expectations
- Black blazer with badge on breast pocket and red braid on each pocket.
- Black conventional school trousers (not excessively flared or too narrow). Black jeans are not acceptable.
- White shirt (long or short sleeved); shirt to be worn tucked in and with top button fastened.
- School tie to be worn at the appropriate length (approx. the length of a 30cm ruler).
- Optional black V-neck school jumper (no logos, sweaters, hoodies, or round neck jumpers).
- Black formal school shoes (not suede). Black trainers are not acceptable.
- Plain dark grey or black socks.
- Belts, if worn, should be plain black with a small buckle (no logos).
- Outdoor coats must not be worn in classrooms.
- Hoodies and zoodies are not permitted in place of a coat on site.
- Hair should be of natural colour and not of an extreme style.
- Jewellery: students may wear a watch and/or one pair of studded earrings if they wish.
- Nail varnish is not permitted.
Every day all students must have, as a basic minimum, a pen, a pencil, and their planner (the 3 Ps).
The expectation is however that all students should have:
- A blue and a black pen
- A pencil
- A rubber
- A ruler
- A pencil sharpener
- A scientific calculator
- A basic maths set
- A whiteboard pen
In addition to the above, students must ensure that they have any other kit and/or equipment as required by specific subject areas.
- Students should be courteous and polite to one another; they should show respect to staff and students alike.
- Movement around school should be done in an orderly manner (students should not push and shove each other).
- Students should not be in any areas of the school building without express permission from a member of staff.
- Students must be punctual to form period and to all lessons. Failure to do so will result in appropriate sanctions.
- Students should take care of their environment, no littering, no chewing gum.
- The school site, buildings and equipment should be treated with respect and not deliberately damaged.
- Mobile phones are not permitted to be on from the beginning of form period to the end of period 5 without express permission from a member of staff.