Terms & Conditions
Members of the Carre’s Grammar School Fitness Suite are asked to follow the terms and conditions of membership:
- Members are allowed to use the fitness facility at the following times: Monday - Friday (Student Use Only) 3.30 pm - 5.00 pm. Monday to Thursday 5.00 pm - 9.00 pm, Friday 5.00 pm - 7.00 pm and Saturday to Sunday 9.00 am - 1.00 pm (subject to change with prior notice). Bank holiday opening times will be advertised on the notice boards.
- All members must complete a physical activity readiness questionnaire (PAR-Q) before using the fitness facility.
- All members will be offered a full induction on all fitness machines. If members are not sure how to use any of the machines they must ask a member of staff.
- If any member’s medical details change after completing the physical activity readiness questionnaire they must inform a member of the fitness staff immediately.
- If any of the fitness staff deem that a member is unsuitable to exercise they will not be allowed to use the facility. Members may be required to seek medical advice before using the facility.
- If any member of the facility has been informed if high blood pressure, then they should share this information with a member of staff. We can check the blood pressure readings in the gym before exercising. This should be a service readily available.
- Whilst exercising, if a member feels faint, dizzy or nauseous they must stop exercising immediately. They must then inform a member of the fitness staff. They may find it easier to ask a member of the public to ask for them if they are dizzy etc.
- Members of the public are invited onto our school site to join our fitness centre as members. Please be advised that when on-site members must not be interacting with our students unless in emergency situations. Please be understanding of the needs of the school and its staff. Members must not act inappropriately towards staff, students and other members. Violent and aggressive behaviour will not be tolerated.
- Junior members must be a minimum age of 13 years old (year 9 pupils). Anyone under this age will not be permitted to use any of the equipment (unless given permission by the Fitness Manager).
- Members must be suitably dressed to participate in a physical activity session, (trainers, shorts, tracksuit). Members wearing unsuitable clothing (tightly fitting jeans and shirts etc) and footwear (high healed shoes or flip flops) will not be allowed to use the facility. Members will not be allowed to exercise in bare feet.
- Members are required to sign in and sign out at the main reception desk in the Fitness Suite.
- Members are required to have a photograph taken for a membership card. This membership card should be made available during every visit to the fitness facility.
- Members must not be under the influence of illegal substances, alcohol or drugs (unless prescribed by a medical professional). Members must bring any relevant medication that may be required (inhalers, insulin, GTN spray etc.). Members may not be allowed to exercise if they forget to bring their medication.
- Changing - members will be able to use the community hygiene suite located at the bottom of the stairs, this will be on a one-in-one-out basis.
- Members who sign up for a monthly membership sign up for an initial one-year period. After the 12th payment, the payments will continue until the member cancels the membership with us.
- All membership payments must start at the point of joining. All membership fees and personal training sessions are non-refundable.
- Members must inform the Fitness Manager if they cancel their monthly payments online.
- Outside of school hours, vehicle access is by using the side gate on Millfield Terrace and all vehicles are to obey the one way system.
- Car parking is limited and spaces cannot be guaranteed on the school site. Members must not park in the playground area (which is also the evening car park for the sports hall and football pitch) before 4 pm. Please park in designated parking bays and avoid the yellow hashed areas.
- Members must obey the speed limit of 5mph on the school site.
- All valuables are left at the owner’s risk. Members are advised to use the lockers provided.
- In order for all members to access all equipment, during busy periods use of the cardiovascular equipment is limited to 30 minutes on any one piece of equipment.
- Members are advised to bring a sweat towel and a water bottle.
- Members must wipe down machines after use. Members should remove their own sweat, using the paper towels provided, from the equipment before moving on to their next exercise. Please leave all equipment as you would hope to find it.
- No pets are allowed into the facilities with the exception of Assistance Dogs. If you have an assistance dog you should let the staff know to expect you so that suitable assistance can be sourced.
- We ask that the use of mobile phones whilst exercising in the gym is appropriate and discrete to prevent irritation of other members. Members are advised to refrain from using their mobile phones whilst exercising on Treadmill machines. Mobile phones should not be used to take photographs of other members in the gym.
Breach of the above terms and conditions could result in your membership being stopped without refund.